May 28, 2020 Updates and Additions
- Instructor can see his/her students' sign-in time in the past seven days.
- CMS: Homework not assigned will not display in grade management page.
May 24, 2020 Updates and Additions
- Grid lines and coordinates for x and y axes can be separately controlled. The x-y coordinates can be setup with tick marks on x and y axes only and independently.
- Added Setting menu in Board with coordinate, coordinate label, grid line, quadrant, unit blocks.
- Added promptAnswerCheckbox block in Text menu. Multiple solutions in multiple newlines can be added in Create/Edti page.
- Changed the defualt font size for x and y axes lablels from 15px to 13px.
- Added new clock backgrounds and images.
- Change the default values for (x, y) for show image blocks from (0, 0) to (5, 6).
- Show image blocks can specify the height of image for display.
- Show image blocks can specify the location (x, y) for the center or four different corners of the image. A sample Ch code for show image is image.showHeightWidth(IMAGE_LEFT_CENTER, x, y, height).
- Click the curriculum link inside info(i) for an activity will go to the curriculum page, rather than lauch the activity.
May 16, 2020 Updates and Additions
- The top menu buttons are rearranged. Moved some original buttons on the top right to the footer.
- Some reduandant links in three-bar pull-down menu are removed.
- Added pull-down menu for the user to update profile, change password, and sign-out.
- The buttons of gray color are changed to a different color after the user sign-in.
- The Large Grid is smaller than before so that it is useful for small screens.
- The "Default" setting uses the 1st quadrant, instead of 4 quadrants. The initial positon of the robot is changed to the first hash line instead of the origin.
- The Background button is added and information are rearranged.
- The Settings button is added, for both Simple View and Full View.
- The locations for blocks and board blocks are automatically adjusted to the upper left corner of the workspace.
- By default, when the user first time go to the web site, it will use "Simple View", "Symbol" for Robot block type, 36x36 grid in the 1st quadrant, "Settings" is closed.
- Class Management System (CMS): The button "Grade" in Assignment links to the page for grading all students, instead of one at a time.
May 14, 2020 Updates and Additions
- The "New Problem" button uses a different color.
May 6, 2020 Updates and Additions
- Icons have been added for Save File, Load Blocks, and Load Board menus.
- The saved files roboblockly.xml, roboblockly.ch, roboblockly.png, board.xmlb, board.ch will be appended with the activity number if it is related to an activity, such as roboblocklyA3.xml. If roboBlocklyA3.xml exits, a number will be appended such as roboblocklyA3_1.xml.
May 4, 2020 Updates and Additions
- Blocks in an XML file in RoboBlockly cloud can be loaded through "Load Blocks" menu. Therefore, users can save programs for activities in development. Students can submited saved programs in homework assignment later.
- Board in an XMLB file in RoboBlockly cloud can be loaded through "Load Board" menu. Therefore, users can save programs in cloud.
April 30, 2020 Updates and Additions
- Info(i) added for each activity in assignments in My Classes for both instructors and their students.
- Added messageBox() blocks in Text menu
- Added an interactive tutorial "Calculate Math Expressions" in interactive tutorials.
- Added getClickPosition() and getClickPositionInteger() blocks in Text menu to get the user's input.
- The position of blocks in workspace is automatically adjusted.
April 23, 2020 Updates and Additions
- Students can sign-in using Microsoft Class accounts in their classes.
- Updated existing interactive tutorials
- Added new interactive tutorials (Save Files in Cloud, Use Images, Print Text to Console, Use Arrays)
- Instructors can generate a URL for students to sign-in their classes using Google Class accounts.
- Background color for Not-Assigned homework assignments changed.
April 13, 2020 Updates and Additions
- Added "Example Code" button for instructors to view sample Ch solution code for activities that have multiple possible solutions and/or use randomly generated numeric values.
April 8, 2020 Updates and Additions
Many new robotics, coding, and math activities, bringing the total number of built-in activities to over 1,000
- Curriculum includes:
- Coding Level 1 and Level 2
- Robotics Levels 1A, 1B, and 2
- Math from Kindergarten through Algebra I/Integrated Math
- Arduino and Robot Sensors with LArduino
- Hour of Code activities for different grade levels
- AP Computer Science Principles
- Art, Animation, and Music
- An instructor option to give students the ability to sign in with a Google school account
- Placed Free Curriculum and Prime Curriculum in a single Curriculum page
- Students enrolled in a teacher's class have full access to the Prime Curriculum
- More than 50 new robot models for onscreen virtual robots, such as animals and vehicles, for more creative simulations
- New image processing features for creating more dynamic drawings and animations
- An Instructor’s Guide for Getting Started with Prime Curriculum on Robotics, Coding, and Math
- All students in a class using RoboBlockly now have full access to the curriculum, and can get going with the Student’s Guide for Getting Started with Prime Curriculum on Robotics, Coding, and Math
- A User's Guide for Getting Started with Free Curriculum on Robotics, Coding, amd Math
- Improvements in the Class Management System for instructors, including the ability to release solutions to students for each assignment
- Updates to course templates for Robotics 1A, Robotics 1B, Robotics 2, Coding 1, and Coding 2
- Simplified activity instructions including a Read-to-Me audio feature, where RoboBlockly can read a problem statement and hint to a student, especially helpful for younger students and English language learners
- New nature-scene backgrounds for use with new robot models
- New array code blocks for working with data sets and plotting
- Improved print text handling for creating output similar to Ch via a Console pane